Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 20, 2012

The First Post

Hm.. how should I start this? Probably right from the beginning when I decided to put my heart into making baby process. I heeded YT's suggestion, downloaded the fertilityfriend.com iphone app, and then start recording my basal temperature at every morning. It was a tedious process. To make the readings more accurate, I need to be awake everyday at the same time, even on weekends, when I don't have to work. It was not easy, but I did it anyway. Recorded my temperature every day, recorded the days we did etc.. This was my first chart and it was around chinese new year.. so I am still not sure when was my fertile window.. so randomly we just did it when we were in Penang. This is my chart.


So I keep monitoring and monitoring in hope to see my trend and then I will be ready when I start recording my 2nd cycle. Even when there's a drop in temperature at the later part of my cycle, I didnt treat it as anything special (later I found out that dip in temperature was the day when the fertilized egg embeds into the uterus lining). Then just a few days later, I had spotting.. and I thought that my menses came. I was disappointed, but still hopeful for the next cycle.

Never did I expect, the spotting was only for a day... and subsequently, my basal temperature was high throughout.. at that particular moment, I suspected that I was pregnant, according to what I read about the triphasic basal temperature chart. I took cheap pregnancy test kit 2 days before my expected menses date, but was negative.. I was disappointed.. then I missed my expected menses date.. tested again and was negative. I was worried. I strongly believed that I was pregnant.. but why doesnt it shows up in the tests? I guess I was too anxious... 

Last resort, I went to buy clearblue test kits. Tested 2 days later. Slight positive! Was still unsure about it initially... but deep down inside us, we were very happy.


I confirmed again by a 2nd clearblue test yesterday morning and the positive was clear. Precise. I am pregnant! Shared the joy with my family member later in the afternoon.. and my close colleagues. So to play safe, my US conference trip in March will be cancelled. Nice Dr M not only understands me, and he said that the company can bear the cancellation charges. He is so nice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment