Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Back again

I'm charging my phone right now and thus instead of dayre-ing, I think I'll blog.

Today is week 37 for me. I'm waiting for the arrival of my little princess. She's been very active in my tummy, day and night. She assures me she's doing well inside me.

How time flies. I took a total of about 4 weeks of hospitalization leave to rest at home. I was feeling guilty about work. But nothing beats to having a healthy baby.

I was told that i have borderline low amniotic fluid at week 32, and baby was still small - 1.5kg. From then gynae told me to rest at home to prevent amniotic leakage, as well as having high protein diet to boost the weight of baby. Just in case when the amnio fluid gets very low, I will need to be induced and baby will need to be at least 2kg to avoid staying in the NICU - which cost a lot.

Then I started on the journey of drinking mother's milk, 2 eggs everyday, fish and meat every single meal. I put on weight and more stretchmarks appeared... all in the hope that baby gains weight. So at week 35, she was measuring about 2.2kg! Good! My efforts paid off!

Went back to work on week 35 to handover all the jobs on hand as well as teaching newcomer on some assays that she needs to know for my project, and then here I am, back at home to rest using more hospital leave. I do hope that I dont get any issues with the complications of hospital leave and maternity leave.

Anyway, leaving those boring details aside, I'm going to see my gynae again tmr! Hope that all is well, and also I hope that princess can come a little sooner coz my v area and lower backache is really killing me and testing my patience. HOwever, thinking of confinement in such crazy weather also turns me off. But better now than later coz the haze prediction is not here yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment